Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wedding reception playlist


For us, one of the hardest steps in planning our reception was finding the right music. Although our reception was in a barn, I didn't want the typical Keith Urban country music. I wanted some popular songs, but with acoustic covers. I also added in some, what I like to call, girly-pop to keep our guests from falling asleep!

In case any of you are looking for some ideas, here's the playlist we ended up using! Also, might I recommend using a website like Grooveshark for your reception? Completely free. Then you can use the money you would have spent on a DJ elsewhere! Here goes:

Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine
Boyce Avenue - Wonderwall
Boyce Avenue - Stolen
Boyce Avenue - I'll Be
Boyce Avenue - Only Girl (In the World)
Boyce Avenue - Just the Way You Are
Boyce Avenue - Perfect
Boyce Avenue - We Found Love
Bruno Mars - Marry You
Chester See - You're Beautiful
Colbie Caillat - I Do
Colbie Caillat - What Means the Most
Dave Barnes - Mine to Love
Dave Barnes - Warm Heart in a Cold World
Dave Barnes - God Gave Me You
Glee Cast - Isn't She Lovely
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly
Hellogoodbye - Oh, it is Love
Ingrid Michaelson - You and I
Iron & Wine - Love and Some Verses
Jack Johnson - Better Together
Jack Johnson - Angel
Jason Castro - Let's Just Fall in Love Again
Jason Castro - This Heart of Mine
Jason Castro - You Are
Jason Myles Goss - Twilight Serenade
Jess Penner - Life is Rosy
Landon Pigg - Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop
Landon Pigg - Darling I Do
Lee DeWyze - It's Gotta Be Love
Lindsey Ray - Picture Perfect
Lindsey Ray - You Make Me Happy
Mat Kearney - Young Dumb and In Love
Matt White - Love
Mindy Gledhill - Crazy Love
Mindy Gledhill - Anchor
Mindy Gledhill - All About Your Heart
Mindy Gledhill - I Do Adore
Olivia Millerschin - I Wanna Grow Old With You
Parachute - She Is Love
Parachute - Forever and Always
Parachute - Kiss Me Slowly
The Script - I'm Yours
Shelly Fraley - Uh Oh I'm Fallin'
Stephen Speaks - Two Make One
Stephen Speaks - Out of My League
Stephen Speaks - All These Things
Stephen Speaks - Sunshine
Straight No Chaser - Wonderwall
Taylor Swift - Today Was a Fairytale

Being married is so fun! Trust me, you're going to love it! Good luck with all the planning!


2 comments:

  1. Y'all are so cute! I feel so weird facebook stalking you all of the time because I know your Mom pretty well, but you not very well haha.

    (refresher: my parent's were your mom's ward mission leaders...we ate at pizza pie way too much)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the barn located that you had your reception?

    ReplyDelete