Saturday, February 16, 2013

Utah Portrait Photographer? Someday.

What makes a person that likes to take photos a photographer? Maybe the title comes with confidence, maybe it comes with naivety. I love taking photos, but don't want to be that Utah girl who gets a fancy camera and then proclaims she's instantly a photographer. There's an art to photography - to using your camera, to creating good composition, to balancing light and color - that takes time to develop. My goal is to continue learning so that someday I can have my own business, but for now, photography is my hobby. My family is so supportive and has given me a lot of opportunities to get out and practice. Here are some of my favorite photos from the past couple months:

Lisa and Nathan's wedding:

Josh and Nicola's family:


Natania and Brady's family:


Sowers of Hope (an awesome non-profit organization, check them out here) soccer tournament:

Lisa and Nathan's engagements:




Baby Jeffrey:


Thanks to all of you for giving me opportunities to practice my photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment